Sunday August 5th (1pm) – Saturday August 10th (approx. 10pm), 2017
Registration Opens: January 2nd, 2018
Pre-Course Orientation for 2018: TBD
Parent and participants will receive an email with information on what to bring & important information needed for the course.
$290.00 if registered by July 9th, 2017
$335.00 if registered after July 10th, 2017
Schoellkopf Scout Reservation
1373 Burrough Rd
Cowlesville NY 14037
(45 minutes Southeast from Buffalo NY)
Registration Ends on Friday July 27st, 2018 or when the course is full. Course size is limited to the first 48 participants registered.
The National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is the premier 6 days, 5 nights outdoor leadership experience geared towards present and future leaders of Scouting.
Participants will be engaged in hands-on training led by Western New York’s finest youth staff. The training will cover skills essential to leadership within your unit, school, and life activities. The training activities will mimic one month of your units program. This program is youth led under the mentorship of trained adults who provide a safe friendly Scout environment.
- Be at least 13 years of age at the time of the course
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America and at least be the rank of First Class
- Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval in order to attend the course
- Scouts must have a properly completed BSA Health Form
- Developing effective communication skills, techniques to develop obtainable goals, teaching techniques including explaining, demonstrating, guiding and enabling others, and making ethical decisions.
- Developing the ability to meet new people and to form a highly functioning patrol.
- Learning safe outdoor skills including leave no trace techniques, patrol cooking with a lightweight stove, proper food safety, pioneering skills, backpacking techniques, and fire safety.
- How a patrol interacts with the Patrol Leadership Council and the Scoutmaster of a unit.
- Resolving conflicts within a patrol environment
Marc Muroff – NYLT Course Director/Scoutmaster
Dick Hanaburgh – NYLT Council Staff Advisor
Phone: (716) 512-6219