To earn the Trained leader emblem, all new leaders MUST complete the following basic training:
1. Youth Protection Training
Youth Protection training is required for all BSA registered volunteers, regardless of their position. New leaders are required to take Youth Protection trainingBEFORE submitting an application for registration. ONLINE training, on your schedule, is the most convenient way to take this training.
- How to take Youth Protection training | View
- Additional details from the BSA national website about Youth Protection training | View
2. Program-Specific Training
Depending on the role a leader will play, they MUST take Position-specific training for their position.
- Requirements for positions are noted on the pages for each program:
Previously trained leaders changing leadership roles must also take the Position-specific training for their new position.
Details About Supplemental Training
Information on other courses offered for leaders and eligible Scouts. | View Now