SHORT TERM/WEEKEND CAMPING RESERVATION GUIDELINES
RESERVATIONS FOR 2016 – 2017 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BEFORE AUGUST 17, 2016
Reservations are on a first come first served basis, reservations are accepted based on availability. Reservations MUST be made with the Short Term/Weekend Camping application online.
No reservations by phone will be accepted.
If your Boy Scout Troop or Cub Scout Pack attended Summer Resident Camp at Camp Scouthaven or Camp Schoellkopf in 2016, your unit will qualify 50% off your first Cabin / Lean-To Rental and a free load of wood. This offer is good through May 2017.
- The total reservation fee for the cabin/lean-to is due when you receive confirmation.
Fees may be paid online with credit card or mail a check to office.
- Short Term Tent Camping: The tenting fee registered BSA Units, is $2.00 per person per night. A minimum of 5 people (2 adults) is also required.
- Apply for a season pass for only $50.00. Tent season pass must be purchased by 10/31/2016. Pass valid 9/16/2016 – 5/19/2017.
- Day Events/fishing: For those units who wish to use the facility for a day hike or fishing there will be a $2.00/person fee.
- Cancellation Policy: If a Unit cancels 4 weeks prior to the campout, 50% of the fee is refundable. If a Unit cancels with less than 4 weeks notice, the fee is non-refundable. If we close the camp(s) due to emergencies, weather, power failures etc., refunds will be issued or fees can be transferred to another weekend. The Camp and Properties Manager makes the final decision on camp closings.
- Firewood is $50.00 per ½ load or $25.00 per ¼ load Firewood must be ordered and paid for prior to your arrival at camp. Units are no longer permitted to bring their own firewood.
- All out-of council units must present evidence of sickness and accident insurance. Non-BSA groups must present evidence of one million dollar liability and accident insurance for a permit to be issued.
- All damage done to council facilities will be billed directly to the unit or group renting the facilities. Examples include broken windows, graffiti, or vandalism of any type.
- All Units must comply with BSA and Council regulations regarding Youth Protection, Two Deep Leadership and Standards for Privacy while using Council facilities. Any failure to do so will result in the unit being asked to leave the facility immediately and having the matter referred to respective GNFC Committees for review.