Youth Protection Training for Adults
The Boy Scouts of America places great importance on creating the most secure environment possible for our youth members.
Effective 6/1/10, important BSA changes to Youth Protection policies >
GNFC mandates Youth Protection Training for Adults for all registered volunteers. Trained leaders/volunteers are required before a unit may obtain a tour permit or camp on Council properties.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Youth Protection policies >
Training is Available Online and Off
- Online, go to the MyScouting website (www.myscouting.org) and follow the directions.
- Offline, GNFC offers Youth Protection Training Courses:
- By appointment Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM at the Council Service Center or at Roundtable.
- Contact your District Training Chair
- At Cub and Boy Scout camps during camping season.
- Training is finished in 30 minutes or less.
- There is a quiz at the end of training sessions (online and offline).
- Card-sized certificates are presented upon successful completion.
Youth Protection Training expires 2 years from the date of completion. Every registered adult leader or parent that continues to work with youth members MUST renew their youth protection certification every 2 years.
Last Updated 2/10/14 MAP
Upcoming Training Activities & Events
The training sessions listed below are local (L) sessions.
Information for Experienced Leaders
GNFC Training Contacts
GNFC Training Chairman
Darlene Kihlberg - (716) 946-3557
GNFC Training Staff Advisor
Stuart Schnettler - (716) 512-6215