Wood Badge N3-380-17
Presented by GNFC
Leadership for Scouting - Leadership for America
Do you want to become a better leader in Scouting, and your everyday life?
Do you want to know how to better organize your Pack, Troop or Crew?
Do you want your youth to get a better experience from Scouting?
If the answer to any of these questions is YES, you are a candidate for WOOD BADGE.
Wood Badge can help you become a better Leader, understand how to better organize your unit, and help you deliver that promise of Scouting to all Scouts, be it Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, or Venturers
Where is Our Next Course Taking Place?
The Greater Niagara Frontier Council will host the New Wood Badge Course in February 2017. Please click here to register for this event.
For more information on Wood Badge, view the the article "Why Wood Badge" in the March/April 2014 issue of Scouting Magazine.
Wood Badge Training consists of 2 phases:
- Phase I is the practical phase. That phase consist of two, 3 day weekends, 3 weeks apart.
- Phase II is the application phase and lasts from the time you finish the practical phase up to 18 months.
You must be present at both 3 day weekends and you will have to attend small group meetings between the weekends in order to complete Phase I.
The 1st weekend begains at 7:30 am on Friday, Feb. 3, 2017 and conludes between 5:30 - 6:00 pm on Sunday, Feb. 5th. The 2nd weekend begins at 7:00 am on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017 and concludes between 5:00 - 5:30 pm on Monday, Feb. 27th.
You MUST attend all dates listed above to successfully complete the course.
During the weekends you will be developing a series of goals that you would like to accomplish in your Scouting job during the application phase. Once you have accomplished your goals to your satisfaction and that of the assigned counselor the WOOD BADGE will be awarded.
What is the Cost?
The course fee will be announced in January 2016. The cost includes the cost of all meals and training materials. Full Payment is encouraged at the time of registration. However; to insure a place in the course, a minimum deposit of $75 is due with your application. Future payments payments will be determined at a later date.
Who can Attend
All registered leaders in the Scouting movement are encouraged to attend. However, you must:
1) Have completed the basic training courses for your Scouting position:
- Position specific Training for all leaders
- The appropriate training course(s) taken prior to the 2001 training curriculum change are still valid for this requirement
2) Have completed the outdoor skills training programs appropriate for your Scouting position:
- Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills for Boy Scout Leaders (others may take this course, if desired).
- Scoutmastership Fundamentals is still valid for this requirement if taken in 2001 or prior.
3) Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. Successful completion of the BSA annual physical form is required for all participants.
Wood Badge is a Class 3 activity and requires medical approval.
Ready to register or look at the Application. Please click on the links below.
Wood Badge N3-380-17 Application
Wood Badge N3-380-17 Online Registration
Wood Badge N3-380-17 Campership Application
For additional infomation, please contact the Course Director or Advisor via e-mail or phone at the information below.
Last Updated - 9/15/15 - rjb