Venturing Training Requirements
GNFC has identified the following requirements for a trained Venturing Leader.
Training requirements vary depending on your position:
Training is available locally from Council training personnel and ONLINE using interactive training modules provided by the Boys Scouts of America.
Training topics noted (L) below are available locally. Topics marked (O) indicate ONLINE training modules.
- Check the Upcoming Venturing Activities & Events list on the right side of this page to see when specific local Venturing training sessions are scheduled.
- Visit MyScouting.org and take relevant BSA ONLINE training.
Need help setting up a MyScouting ID? Follow these instructions >
When creating an online profile, please use the SAME name you used on your adult application. This will append your training to your existing record. Contact your unit leader if you don’t recall how you entered your name on the application.Body copy describing content of page with subheads and bullet points to highlight key information.
Venture Crew Leader/Committee Training
- Youth Protection (O)
- This is Scouting Orientation (O)
- Fast Start (O)
- Venture Leader Specific (L)
Supplemental Venturing Training
- Physical Wellness (O)
- Safe Swim Defense (L) – contact Army Leonetti for details) (O)
- Safety Afloat (L) – contact Army Leonetti for details) (O)
- Climb On Safely (L) – contact Army Leonetti for details) (O)
- Trek Safely (L) – contact Army Leonetti for details) (O)
- Weather Hazards (O)
NOTE: Previously trained leaders changing leadership roles must also take the Position-specific training for their new position.
More Details About Venturing Training
Information on courses offered for Venturing leaders and crew members >
Find specific ONLINE training topic(s) >
Get help with MyScouting.org >