Here Are the Basics
Review your unit's Charter Renewal Packet, gather your information and enter it online. It's a secure, easy-to-use process you can use from home or office, anytime. And when you enter information yourself, you know it's correct.
Training is available at the web-based tutorial link below. If you have any questions regarding the rechartering process, please call the council offices at 891-4073 or email questions to:
Onondaga District: Patrick.Covell@scouting.org
Polaris District: Stuart.Schnettler@scouting.org
Red Jacket District: Russell.Etzenhouser@scouting.org or Greg.Voyzey@scouting.org
Now For the Details
Here’s how to get started:
Select an adult to be the renewal processor for your unit's Internet Rechartering.
- Your renewal processor should gather recharter material and click on the Internet Rechartering button at the top of this page.
- Select First-Time User and enter your unit access code. This unique code is for your unit only. It is on the label of your unit's Charter Renewal Packet.
- Select your unit type and enter your unit number as a four digit number (use leading zeroes if your unit number is less than four digits, i.e., 0093).
- Create a password as instructed.
- Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off, then come back and pick up again where you left off by selecting Returning User, reentering your access code and password.
Here’s how to wrap it up:
- When you’ve completed all the information to recharter your unit, click the Submit button.
- Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Make sure to acquire the appropriate signatures on the application, then bring the entire packet, along with new applications, registration and insurance payments to the Council turn-in meetings on December 8, 2012 or your unit commissioner.
Saturday, December 8th - Charter Renewal Turn In Day - 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at the GNFC Service Center. See the flyer included in your re-chartering packet for all the details.
Or if you’re not available on December 8th, you can stop in the Council Service Center during the week of December 10 & 11, 2012 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, bring to the December 12, 2012 QLE at 7pm, or December 13 & 14, 2012 at the Council Office from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Web-based Rechartering Tutorial >
Internet Rechartering Documentation >
Recharter Online Now > (Access Code required from your Charter Renewal Packet label)
Last Updated - 10/10/12 - JRC