Saturday July 19th to Friday August 1st 2014
Philmont Scout Ranch
Cimarron, NM 87714
Come along and join the fun! We’re goin’ to Philmont. Two weeks of high adventure, backwoods hiking and camping at Philmont Scout Ranch.
Planning for our next trip is underway now. Take a look at the Philmont Key Dates & Deadlines in the right column to make sure you're up to date and don't miss anything.
Here's some of what Philmont has to offer.
(Wait a moment for interactive image to load)
GNFC's Philmont 2014 Plan
- Depart Saturday, July 19th, 2012; fly from Buffalo to Colorado Springs.
- Bus to LaJunta, Colorado, eat dinner there, see the authentic Indian dancers and sleep in the Kiva, home of the Koshare’s.
- Rise early, eat breakfast as guests of the Koshare Moms, and bus to the Welcome Center at Philmont.
- Camp and hike in the back country and experience programs and vistas some of us would never see otherwise.
- After the trek, we'll tour Cimarron, bus to Colorado Springs and visit the Air Force Academy and the Garden of the Gods.
- Saturday, August 1st, dine at the Flying “W” Ranch and fly home that night,
That's two weeks of combining the philosophies of the Boy Scouts of America, hiking the back country we call Philmont and feeling the mystique of the Old West to enjoy an adventure that we’ll remember for the rest of our lives.
More About Philmont
Born in 1938 as Philturn Rockymountain Scoutcamp, today's Philmont Scout Ranch is a bustling center for high adventure and training. Youth and adults take advantage of the ranch's camping, training, and work programs.
More than 930,000 Scouts, Venturers, and leaders have experienced the adventure of Philmont since the first camping season in 1939. Throughout its existence, conscientious attention to low-impact camping techniques have helped maintain the ranch's wilderness flavor.
The area surrounding the ranch is rich with history, from the Native Americans who made this arid land their home to the land barons of the 19th century. The town of Cimarron boasts a number of historical buildings, including the St. James Hotel—site of at least 26 killings during Cimarron's wilder days.
For more information on what Philmont is and what it has to offer, please check out their official web page >
Last Updated - 12/12/12 - JAA
Philmont 2014 Key Dates & Deadlines
Print Army's complete meeting schedule >
Print extra copies of the payment booklet >
Print a copy of the personal equipment list >
Here's a list of gift suggestions for Philmont campers >
Have questions or need information?
Contact: Army Leonetti
Phone: (716) 512-6207