How to Join Scouting
Information for Prospective Scouts, Parents & Volunteers
Scouting activities are organized into "units" based on the age of the youth. Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts are for boys while Venturing is co-ed. Units are generally sponsored by churches, schools or other civic organizations in your community.
Whether you're interested in Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturing or being an adult volunteer, it's easy to find out what Scouting is all about using Be A Scout.
- Go to BeAScout.org to learn more about each Scouting program, including videos that show the kinds of things youth do in each program
- Explore the program area that best meets your needs
- Enter your zip code and click "go" to see Scouting units near you
- Learn about each unit's program and request more information
- Visit one or more units, make your selection and sign up
- Let the fun begin
It's as simple as that, so get started now! And it you have a question or you need some help, give us a call at (716) 891-4073.
Last Updated - 9/17/2013 - JRC
NEW Cub Scout Parent's Information >