Cub Scout Day Camp 2013
A Jungle Safari - The Journey Through a Continent
Come with us and...
- visit Egypt and its rich history
- move a huge boulder and build a pyramid
- tour the Savannah with it’s unusual scenery and the animals that live there
- trek the jungles of the Congo to learn about its rain forest and its importance to the world
- climb to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro
- dig in the Olduvie Gorge for fossil remains of “Lucy” the first humanoid
- take part in the “Rain Forest 500”
- much, much more!
It’ll be great fun, so com’on along and join us!
- Physical excercise
- Learning through fun activities
- Bow & Arrow target shooting
- Sling Shot target shooting
- Special WEBELOS activities
- Ultimate Frizbee
- Fun projects
- Opportunities for advancement
- Trading Post
- Memories to treasure forever
- A special campfire
- A family supper (all family members are encouraged to take part)
- Fun and much, much more!!!
Parents: Interested in serving as part of our Camp Staff as an Activity Director or Den Leader? It requires a full week commitment. Indicate your interest on the reservation forms and we'll be in touch.
Medical form required
Parts A & B of the Boy Scout Annual Health and Medical record must be submitted for all attendees. Please complete this form and email it or deliver it to Army Leonetti at the Council Service Center as soon as possible after you submit your reservations.
About Cub Scout Day Camp
GNFC Cub Scout Day Camp is an accredited, Erie and Niagara County Health Department and Boy Scouts of America approved youth camp.
Our Camp Directors and Program Directors have attended our National Day Camp School.
- Camp Directors:
- June Dieter (Week 1)
- Joanne Lyzauckas (Week 2)
- Denise Taylor (Week 3)
- Debbie Moye (Week 4)
- Cub Scout Program Directors:
- Mary Beth Rueger, Dawn Lucas, Sharon Leising
- Webelos Program Director:
- GNFC Staff Advisor:
Shooting Sports directors are approved by the counties in which we operate and abide by New York State laws and National Standards of the Boy Scouts of America.
For More Information
Send Army your email address and he'll be sure to send you the monthly edition of our "Day Camp Diary." It gives you the latest information about Day Camp and it's fun to read.
Not on our mailing list, yet? Check out the archive editions to the right!
Last Updated - 4/14/13 - JRC
| || |
Cost per week - $110.00 per Cub Scout.
Save $10.00 if you pay in full by May 10, 2013!
Four Convenient Locations -
Select the best site and register ONLINE!
Week #1: July 8-12, 2013; 9 am-3:30 pm daily
Lake Erie Social Club
3200 South Park Avenue, Lackawanna, NY 14218
Week #1 ONLINE Registration here >
Week #2: “Firefly Week” July 15-19, 2013; 5-9:00 pm daily
Includes a special "Firefly" patch
Scout Service Center
2860 Genesee St., Buffalo, NY 14225
Week #2 ONLINE Registration here >
Week #3: July 22-26, 2013; 9 am-3:30 pm daily
St. Martin De Porres
555 Northampton St., Buffalo, NY 14208
Week #3 ONLINE Registration here >
Week #4: July 29-August 2, 2013; 9 am-3:30 pm daily
4670 Albright Rd., Ransomville, NY 14131
Week #4 ONLINE Registration here >
Or, register at the Council Service Center
Print a copy of the full camp brochure with reservation form >
Print a copy of the standalone paper reservation form >
Payment and Refund Details
- A $50.00 deposit per Scout is due with each reservation with a $50.00 balance due by May 10, 2013
- A $60.00 balance is due if paid AFTER May 10
- Each paid youth reservation includes a T-Shirt
Additional youth and adult T-Shirts available
- All refunds requests must be submitted to the Campaign Department with a "Refund Request Form."
- Refunds are subject to a $25 cancellation fee. Refunds
considered ONLY if submitted before August 30th, 2013.
Hints for a Great Camp
- Bring a buddy and use the “Buddy System”
- Wear your uniform every day
- Be on time
- Bring everything on the camp list
- Stay with your Den
- Obey all instructions
- Listen to you Den Leader and Den Chief
- Get lots of rest at night
- Remind Mom or Dad to bring a lawn chair when visiting us at camp
- Smile and be pleasant to every one
- Mark all your stuff
- Do your best
- Have fun!
Day Camp Diary Archive