2012 Project Popcorn
Last year, more than 215 Cub Packs, Scout Troops and Venture Crews participated in the GNFC Popcorn sale in Western New York. Your efforts can only be described as a “Popping” Success. You earned more than $450,000 for your units, enabling you to have a “mountain top” year of Scouting.
Are you ready for 2012?
Review the information below and set your sites on even greater success in 2012.
Any questions, shoot a message to Justin King or Lenora Stepp!
GNFC 2012 Popcorn Central Resources
Use these resources for successful sales in three easy steps:
1. Sign Up , Planning and Selling
• Review the 2012 GNFC Popcorn Plan > (PDF)
• Print out, complete and submit a GNFC unit sign up form > (PDF)
• Define your unit's needs with the interactive Unit Budget Builder > (Excel)
• Use the Sale Checklist to set up your unit in the Trails End System > (PDF)
• Explore all the Different Ways to Sell > (PDF)
2. Resources and Help
• Complete Trail’s End Popcorn System instruction manual > (PDF)
(This is a large file and will take a few moments to download)
• Trail's End unit popcorn ordering instructions > (PDF)
• Trail's End Scout list administration > (PDF)
3. Advancement and Prizes
• Trail's End unit prize ordering instructions > (PDF)
• GNFC $3500 Bonus Prize application > (PDF)
• Trail's End 2012 Scholarship Program enrollment form >
Why We Sell Popcorn
GNFC and Trail’s End Popcorn provide an amazing opportunity to help our Scouts pay their own way in the Scouting program and supports Council-wide activities.
In 2011, our Popcorn for Scouting sales efforts provided:
• a record-setting $900,000 for WNY individual Scouting programs
• $50,000 in delicious Trail’s End Popcorn products for our service men
and women at home and abroad through the military donation program
Additionally, popcorn proceeds make it possible for GNFC Scouts to experience
the thrills of high adventure through life-changing experiences such as:
• Birchbark Expeditions
• BSA’s National Jamboree
• Florida Seabase
• Philmont Scout Reservation
• Trips to Alaska, Hawaii and even around the world
Trail’s End provides extensive training and resources to our families and leaders
with a focus on providing great Scouting programs:
• a total of 150 Scouts from GNFC have earned college
scholarships through the Trail’s End program
Last Updated - 10/1/12 - JMK